2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 carrots, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauce for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and carrots and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add red pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable stock, and spices. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover, and reduce heat to low or until just simmering. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas. Stir to combine. Continue to simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Just before serving, garnish with parsley.