Yield: 1 cup
1 bunch kale, rinsed, ribs removed, torn into large pieces
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp hemp oil
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch the kale in boiling salted water for about 1 minute.
2. Chill in cold water bath, then drain and squeeze out excess water.
3. Place kale in food processor or blender with half the oil and pulse to start breaking up the kale.
4. Add garlic and pumpkin seeds and blitz several times.
5. Add the cheese and slowly add oils. Process until everything is broken down. It will never be really smooth.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.