Yield: 9x9 square pan
1 2/3 cups quick rolled outs
1/3 cup oat flour (oats processed until finely ground in a food processor)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2-3 cups dried fruits and nuts*
6 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp water
1/3 cup almond butter
*My mix: 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut, 1/4 cup flax seeds, 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, 1/3 cup pecans, 1/3 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/3 cup chocolate chips
*Suggestions: dried cranberries, dried cherries, dried apricots, dried apples, pecans, walnuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, wheat germ, chocolate chips. If nut pieces are coarse, can pulse in food processor to break up a little if desired.
1. Preheat over to 350F.
2. Line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, as well as the almond butter, until the mixture is evenly crumbly.
6. Spread into the prepared pan and press in firmly.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until they are brown around the edges.
8. Cool the bars in the pan. Once cool, lift parchment to remove bars and place on a cutting board to cut into squares. If bars seem crumbly, chill pan in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting.