Yield: 6 servings
1 cup quinoa
4 tbsp olive oil
2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced thinly
1 tbsp sugar or honey
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup edamame beans
1 green chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup mint, chopped
1/2 cup dill, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp dried cranberries
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 limes, segmented plus juice
1. Cook quinoa as directed on package. Let cool.
2. Over medium-high heat, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into a large saute pan.
3. Add fennel and sear for 2 minutes, stirring once, to get some colour.
4. Turn down heat to medium and cook for another 10 minutes until fennel is completely soft.
5. Add sugar/honey, vinegar, and salt and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Combine quinoa, fennel, edamame, chile, cumin, herbs, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, limes, and remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.