Yield: 4 side servings
1 small cauliflower, broken into small florets
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sugar
1 can chickpeas
1 large ripe Alphonso mango, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp lime juice
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and blanch cauliflower for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
2. In a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add spices and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
4. In the same pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add cauliflower and fry for 3-4 minutes, just to give it colour.
5. Add cauliflower to bowl with onions. Add chickpeas, mango, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, and spinach. Stir well and serve at once, or chill and serve within 24 hours.