2/3 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup oat flour (or whole-wheat pastry flour)
1 tbsp coconut sugar (or maple syrup - will need to reduce amount of almond milk)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 scant cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp coconut oil (or avocado or grapeseed oil)
1. In a large mixing bowl, add cornmeal, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
2. Measure out almond milk in a large liquid measuring cup, then add coconut oil. Whisk to combine.
3. Add wet ingredients a little at a time to the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined, do not overmix. You may not use all of the liquid. The batter should be semi-thick. Small lumps are ok. Let set for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat a pan over medium heat. Once warm, drizzle the surface with oil and add scant 1/4 cup measurements into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear and the sides are beginning to dry, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 4 more minutes on the other side.
5. Serve with cranberry-orange compote and a drizzle of warm maple syrup.