1 cup packed pitted medjool dates (about 9)
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
optional: finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Add pitted dates to a food processor and mix until small bits remain or a ball forms. Remove from food processor and set aside.
2. To the food processor, add the walnuts, almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Blend until a semi-fine meal is achieved.
3. Add dates back in (in pieces) as well as the vanilla extract. Pulse until a loose dough forms. Be careful not to over-blend. The mixture should be a pliable dough, not a purée.
4. Scoop out one-tablespoon amounts and roll into balls with hands. Repeat until all dough is used up.
5. Roll in finely shredded coconut or leave as is.
6. Store in refrigerator or freezer. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month. Could also press the dough into a loaf or 8x8-inch cake pan and slice into bars.