Yield: 9 cups
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup buckwheat groats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. Melt the coconut oil.
4. Pour the melted coconut oil into the blender, add the bananas and maple syrup, and blend.
5. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and fold to coat. The mixture will be rather wet.
6. Spread the mixture in an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the mix is beginning to turn brown.
8. Flip the granola over in large sections and return to the oven and flip it every 4-5 minutes, making smaller chunks each time, until golden, about 20 more minutes (40 minutes in total).
9. Set granola aside to cool. Do not stir until it is completely cool.
10. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.