Yield: 4-6 servings
2 large sweet potatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
6 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil, divided
1 bunch kale, destemmed, finely chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Toss sweet potatoes and red onion in olive oil and salt and pepper on one baking sheet and place in oven.
3. Toss cauliflower in olive oil and salt and pepper on the second baking sheet. Begin baking 10 mins after sweet potatoes.
4. While vegetables are roasting, toss chickpeas with spices.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil. Once hot, add the chickpeas and saute, stirring frequently. Cook about 10 minutes, or until brown and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a large pot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil. Add kale and heat until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, divide sweet potatoes, cauliflower, kale, and chickpeas into four or six dishes. Serve with lemon tahini dressing.