1 tbsp ground flax
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Set aside for a few minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
4. Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Also add the flax mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined. Knead with your hands to make it all come together.
5. Drop by spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on each to flatten slightly.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes. The cookies will be very soft and delicate as they come out of the oven, but they will firm as they cool. The bottoms will be golden brown.
7. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or freeze for 1 month.
Oh She Glows Every Day