2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats, divided
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To the bowl of a food processor, add the bananas, dates, coconut oil, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
3. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and process again until combined.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of the rolled oats and process for 5 seconds, just long enough to roughly chop the oats.
5. Remove the blade and set aside. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup rolled oats and the chocolate chips.
6. Spoon a large portion of dough (about 2 tablespoons for each) onto the parchment. Do not press down on the dough to flatten - leave it in a mound on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 7 to 9 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
8. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack to cool completely.