1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 small can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1/3 cup vegetable stock (or water)
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 lime, juiced
1. Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and bell pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are starting to soften.
3. Add tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Stir, reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Transfer mixture to a food processor or high speed blender. Add chipotle pepper, vegetable stock, maple syrup, and lime juice. Blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
5. Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerated. Keeps in the fridge for at least 7-10 days.