1 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/3 cup red lentils
2 cups mushroom broth
1 crown broccoli, cut into florets
1 1/2 cups spinach
1. In a medium-sized pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion, salt, pepper, thyme, and lemon zest. Sweat onions for 3 mins.
3. Add garlic and red lentils. Stir to coat.
4. Add mushroom broth. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add broccoli florets. Cook for 5 more minutes.
6. When lentils and broccoli are almost done cooking, add spinach and cook for 1 more minute.
7. Pour into a high speed blender and puree. Serve immediately.