2 sweet potatoes, diced
1 bunch carrots, sliced length-wise (some heirloom purple ones are great for colour contrast)
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
salt and pepper
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1 sprig of mint, roughly chopped
1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on one baking sheet. Toss with one tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
3. Place carrots on a second baking sheet. Toss with another tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
4. Toss chickpeas with last tablespoon of olive oil, tamari, maple syrup, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, shallot, cilantro, and mint. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top and serve with date vinaigrette.