Yield: 9 fritters
1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup red lentils
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or water)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp dijon mustard
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp cornmeal
2 tbsp chickpea flour (or brown rice flour)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the quinoa and lentils in a medium pot with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Once quinoa/lentil mixture has cooled a bit, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. The mixture should easily come together to form patties.
4. Form patties and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes.
5. Serve with a cucumber tomato salad and a tahini dressing.