2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 tbsp water
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp coconut oil
4-6 tbsp baba ganoush
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine turmeric, cumin, ginger, paprika, salt, pepper, and water and mix into a pourable paste.
2. Add chickpeas to the bowl. Using a fork, mash half the chickpeas, evenly distributing the spices until the chickpeas are coated.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add chickpeas. Stir to coat, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add baba ganoush. Stir to combine, and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes or until the scramble is slightly drying out and taking on a golden-brown color.
5. Serve the chickpea scramble as is or with desired garnishes - roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, cilantro, extra baba ganoush, and hot sauce.