2 cups shell pasta
2 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
1 large shallot, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 cup button mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp flour (or 1 tbsp arrowroot powder)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Continue to cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add the flour. Stir to coat all the mushrooms.
5. Add the balsamic vinegar and almond milk. Reduce heat to low heat, mix well, and let simmer.
6. When the sauce begin to thicken slightly, add the oregano, salt, and pepper.
7. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat in the sauce.