1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size “wings”
1 tbsp olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
salt and pepper
1/3 cup miso paste
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Korean chili flakes (or regular chili flakes)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp water, to thin
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Add cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and toss with oil to coat. Arrange on prepared baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, prepare sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and pulse to combine. Remove from blender and place in mixing bowl from earlier.
4. Remove cauliflower from oven and increase heat to 500F.
5. Add a few “wings” at a time to the sauce. Toss to coat generously, tap off excess, and then place back on baking sheet. Repeat with all wings.
6. Return to oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until sizzling, golden brown on the edges, and tender but not mushy.
7. Serve immediately. Best when fresh. Can be served with lettuce, shredded carrots, sesame seeds, and/or cilantro.