4 chicken legs
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
salt and pepper
1/2 cup black pitted Kalamata olives
4 sprigs thyme
1 orange, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a roasting dish with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the chicken legs in prepared pan. Pour the olive oil over the top of the chicken pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Sprinkle over the chicken.
4. Place the olives and thyme around the chicken. Place the pan into the oven.
5. After 30 minutes, remove pan from the oven. Tip it slightly so the hot juices run into the bottom corner and baste the chicken.
6. Arrange the orange slices around the chicken, making sure you are not covering the skin as this will stop it getting crispy.
7. Return pan to oven for another 20 minutes or so, until the skin is crispy and the flesh falling away the bone.