Yield: 16 balls
Peanut Butter Centers:
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 pitted dates
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup peanut butter
10 pitted dates (deglet nour or medjool)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp peanut butter
1. Start by making the peanut butter centers. Add the oats to the food processor and process until only small pieces remain.
2. Add dates and process again until only small bits remain.
3. Add almond meal and peanut butter to the food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a loose dough.
4. Scoop small handfuls of dough and form into small balls, about 1 teaspoon. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop in the freezer to harden for 15 minutes.
5. Next, prepare the outer layer by pulsing dates in the food processor until only small pieces remain.
6. Add oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter and mix until well combined. All pieces should be consistently small, but the mixture should not be overly processed.
7. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the outer layer mixture and flatten into a disc. Place a peanut butter center on top, and carefully form the outer layer around it. Place back on cookie sheet and pop back in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
8. Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Store in fridge or freezer to keep for longer.