Yield: 4 servings
1 1/2 pounds cod
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup brined capers
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Cut the cod into 6 pieces. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour and spices.
3. Dredge each piece of cod thoroughly in the flour mixture until well coated.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the cod pieces and brown well, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest on a plate while preparing the sauce.
5. In the same pan, add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers. Let simmer until sauce has been reduced by half.
6. Add parsley and remove from heat.
7. Plate the cod, and pour the sauce over to serve.