Yield: 2-3 servings
1 cup oats
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
pinch ground allspice
1 cup blueberries
toppings: chopped walnuts/pecans/almonds, banana
1. In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients except the blueberries and the toppings. Stir to combine.
2. Gently fold in the blueberries.
3. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, or up to overnight. The mixture will thicken and the oats will soften. If the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 more tablespoons of almond milk.
4. Serve chilled, or reheat in a pan on the stovetop and serve warm. Top with desired toppings before serving.
5. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Optional: could use grated apple (Honeycrisp or Gala) instead of blueberries, and could add a pinch of ground ginger to the spices
Oh She Glows Every Day