1 banana, mashed
2 eggs, whisked
1 3/4 almond milk
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 light buckwheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl, combine banana, eggs, almond milk, and almond extract.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Let rest for a few minutes.
4. In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft bubbles form on top, then flip and cook for another minute or two.
5. While the pancakes are cooking, in a small pot, combine blueberries, water, and maple syrup over medium heat. Using a fork, press down on the blueberries to break some of them open and release the juices. Heat until just warm.
6. Spoon blueberries over pancakes and top with maple syrup.