4 oz brown rice noodles
2 tbsp oil, divided
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced or spiralized
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, green onion), chopped
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp vegetable stock
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp tamari
1 tsp chili paste (sambal oelek)
1. Place the uncooked noodles in a bowl of cold water to soak.
2. Prepare the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a jar and shaking vigorously to combine.
3. In a large saute pan, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Drain the noodles.
5. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the noodles and stir fry for one minute.
6. Add the sauce and cook for another minute or two, until the sauce is starting to thicken and stick to the noodles.
7. Push the noodles aside to make room for the egg. Pour the beaten egg into the pan and let it sit for 30 seconds. Toss everything around with the tongs - the egg mixture will stick to the noodles and everything will start getting sticky.
8. Return the cooked vegetables to the pan, toss together, and remove from heat.
9. Stir in the peanuts and herbs and serve immediately.