800g chicken thigh, cut into strips (or tofu)
3 shallots, coarsely chopped
2 stalks lemongrass, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic
3 slices ginger
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cucumber, coarsely chopped
1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
1. Blend shallots, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger in a small food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. Mix the paste with chicken and add coriander, cumin, turmeric, brown sugar, salt, and oil and combine well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Soak skewers in water while chicken is marinating chicken.
3. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and brush with oil.
4. Grill for couple of minutes on each side.
5. Serve with cucumber and red onion and peanut sauce.