1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 tbsp ground flax
6 tbsp water
2 tbsp shallot, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup kale, destemmed and finely chopped
1/2 cup sweet potato, finely grated
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup oat flour
3 tbsp (gluten-free) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ground flax and water. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, including flax mixture and cooked quinoa. Stir well until the mixture comes together.
4. Shape mixture into patties with wet hands. Pack tightly so they hold together. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully flip cakes, then bake for another 10 minutes, until golden and firm.
6. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before serving.
7. Store leftovers in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, preheat a skillet over medium heat, add a bit of oil, and cook patties for about 3 minutes per side, or until heated through.