Yield: 4 servings
1-inch knob of ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sugar
2 lbs chicken thighs, drumsticks, or halved breasts (all skin-on, bone-in)
3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 shallot, sliced thinly, tossed with lemon juice and salt
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place chicken pieces and marinade into a freezer bag and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 425F.
4. Line a large baking dish with parchment paper. Add potatoes, cauliflower, cumin seeds, and toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Remove chicken from marinade leaving excess behind. Make spaces between the vegetables for the chicken.
6. Roast for 20 minutes, stir to ensure everything is cooking evenly, and cook another 10-15 minutes until everything is cooked through.
7. To serve, garnish with pickled shallot and cilantro.