4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup almond flour
3 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp onion, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking dish and a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pound the chicken breasts to flatten them slightly and so that they are of even thickness. Place in prepared baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine almond flour and flax.
4. In the bowl of a small food processor, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, almond butter, onion, and all herbs and spices. Pour over chicken breasts and allow to marinate for 15 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
5. Remove chicken from marinade. Sprinkle half of the almond-flax mixture evenly over one side of each chicken breast. Pat to better adhere the “crust” to the chicken. Carefully turn over each chicken piece and repeat process using the remaining half of the almond-flax mixture on the other side of the chicken breasts. Place on prepared baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
UltraSimple Diet Companion Guide