1 lb thin-skinned yellow potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground coriander
chopped cilantro, for serving
1. In a large pot, boil potatoes in lightly salted water 5 to 6 minutes, or until just barely cooked through. Potatoes should be firm, not fork tender. Drain and return potatoes to the pot as it cools, allowing remaining moisture to evaporate.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a medium bowl.
3. In the meantime, place all spices in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
4. Sprinkle seasoning over potatoes and toss gently until potatoes are coated with seasoning.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.