1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cups red onion, diced
2 cups red cabbage, diced
2 cups raw beets, diced
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup water
salt and pepper
dill to garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the diced cabbage and beets. Continue to sauté for another few minutes.
3. Add the marinara sauce and the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for an hour, or until the beets are fork-tender. Stir regularly to avoid the soup sticking to the bottom of the pot.
4. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped dill if desired.
5. Soup will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.