2 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup onion, diced
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp miso paste
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. In a small pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
2. Add ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and add miso, tamari and honey. Stir often as the mixture cooks down quickly over the next few minutes.
5. Add lemon juice to rehydrate when the sauce seems to need more liquid.
6. Remove from heat and pour sauce into blender for 1 minute, until a smoother consistency is reached.
7. Put half the miso sauce in a bowl and toss with the halibut.
8. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
9. Place halibut on baking sheet. Broil until fish is just flakey, about 6 to 8 minutes. Check at five minutes.
10. Drizzle remaining sauce onto the fish or plate and serve.