Yield: 2-4 servings
1 cup tri-color, white, or red quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 cup salsa (slightly chunky is best)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add quinoa and water to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (salsa, nutritional yeast, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil). Toss to combine.
4. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. The quinoa is done when it is fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
5. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4 to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave, in a 350F oven, or in a skillet on the stovetop.