4 cloves garlic, minced
7 cm piece of ginger, minced
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
juice of 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garam masala
salt and pepper
fresh cilantro, to garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, lemon juice, yogurt, and spices. Mix well to combine.
2. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for about 12 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 400F. Place parchment paper in a large roasting tray.
4. Place the chicken on the prepared tray and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Garnish with cilantro leaves before serving. Serve with steamed rice and raita.